Madonna University receives its institutional accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions
in the North Central region of the United States and thereby grants membership in
Strategic Plan - Madonna University’s plans for the next 20 years of higher education.
The University has designed a comprehensive assessment plan that measures and reports
on student achievement as part of this process. Approval by accrediting agencies and
professional organizations exist at international, national, regional, and state levels.
These organizations have varying cycles of review that can be anywhere from one to
10 years. The following is a list of approvals and accreditation
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Accreditation for the University as a whole:
1959, 1968, 1978, 1982 (Graduate Education) 1988, 1998, 2004 (merger with St. Mary's
College), 2008, 2018
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)
Accreditation granted 2017 by the ACBSP Baccalaureate/Graduate Degree Board of Commissioners
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
Accreditation: 2000, 2010, 2020
- American Bar Association (ABA):
1984, 1990, 1994, 2000, 2007, 2013
- American Dietetic Association (ADA)
Approvals: Plan IV, 1977, 1982; Plan V, 1990, 1995
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Accreditation: 2006 (graduate and undergraduate), 2010 (graduate, undergraduate, and
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE):
1972, 1981, 1992, 1996, 2002, 2009, 2016
- Council on Social Work Education:
1982, 1988, 1995, 2003, 2011 (undergraduate), 2018 (graduate)
- Forensic Sciences Education Programs Accreditation Commission (FEPAC):
(undergraduate), 2014, 2019
- Michigan Board of Education
Approval of four-year degrees: 1947
- Michigan Board of Nursing:
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education:
1972, 1981, 1992, 1996, 2002, 2009
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 1970, 1978, 1984, 1992,
1993, 1999 (undergraduate and graduate)
Note: Accreditation materials are available for review in the Madonna University Library.
Students, faculty, staff, and members of the public wishing to submit a complaint
about Madonna University to the HLC can do so by the formal process highlighted on
the HLC website.
For submitting a complaint to the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory
Affairs Department about Madonna University, please Visit Michigan.gov.
Our distinguished reputation of academic excellence, combined with a strong liberal
arts foundation and solid career preparation offers you more than just a degree.
Find out more information about undergraduate student achievement.
Find out more information about graduate student achievement.